Thursday, January 28, 2010

..the 5.40/2.40 bogey

..when i went back to 'adult' running(over 12) my two times i wanted to beat which wuold become bogeys for a few years were the 2.40 800m and the 5.40 for 1500m.
it took 3 years for me to go sub 2.40 and have got close to teh 5.40 (5.41 and 5.40.x) but just couldnt get past the bogey...
..well today..i told the bogey to back off.i decided in my head i was going to beat it.... was not overly happy in the warm up when my legs felt heavy so extended the warm up. dcided to go out harder as i keep losing it in the 2nd and 3rd lap
first lap 86s(yep..) then 93...dont know what happened, think i was DAYDREAMING, but the stupid thing was i felt like i was working
so 2.59 at the 800, then 92s so 4.31-wanted to be below 4.30 at this stage so tried to effect some sort of kick, not really happening but did 66/67 for the last 300 and came home in 5.37.5 by my watch so could be 2.38 low or 2.37 high

then off to jav to officate...dont ask..am PISSED off
..then straight to the 400 without a good warm up(too busy officating) hoping for 68low, start was dreadful, had SERIOUSLY forgotten how much it hurt to startt in the blocks, grimaced sucked it up and tried(and i stress tried) to run fast...
legs felt like they were going to buckle-felt very much like i had run a HARD 1500, anyway 69.12. its not a bad time, but i should be faster
.No excuses though, my legs just didnt do what i wanted....lol

anyway am home now, having a wine to relax, cant sleep, but need to sleep cos i have my boys for the first time tomorrow...aaaagh twilights- i do like them, but theyre also very inconvenient

feeling very pleased with the 15, it gives me a little hope of beating my pb in the 8 at the master...want to see a 2.33.x

oh and quite funny-went and told a lady my time-yep pb since i went back to running, but not as fast as when i was 12
"jo, youre body shape does change.....etc etc etc"
went for a cool down
i run up to her B, B ask me my time,
"jo whats your time"
5.37, an adult pb
"woohoo"
she's right i need to see the fact that im running well NOW, im pb-ing as an adult. Beating a 20yr old pb is nice, but i gotta get over it in the 15. 5.28 is not gonna happen/ the 800 may happen though...... 1 second off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
contemplating going to the Nationals in perth, have checked that i wouldnt be humiliated, would kinda hang around the 5th-ish area? stu's not that keen, but i have said he doesnt have to come if he doesnt want to,
He's probably not even going to watch my 800 at the states(which WILL piss me off(a lot) since its my GOAL event of the year,(dont care in the slightest about the 1500) his junior athletes have their states at the same time...........................................

2 comments:

Em said...

Bloody well done, some excellent end of season form for Miss Jo :-)

Ewen said...

Tell him he'll walk until he gets his license back unless he watches your 800 ;)

That'd be "5.38 low or 5.37 high" ;)

Great run in the conditions. Sub 5:30 is on in cool conditions with fresh leggies. Can't see myself beating 5:40 this season, but I'll try!