Thursday, January 21, 2010

...yeah nothing great and a DNF

...stu and i seemed to think the BEST preparation for the 800 tonight would be if we had a very large night of drinking the night before and going to bed after 4am, and rising again to drive him too work at 7am!
WELL ITS NOT THE BEST PREPARATION>>>>>LOL
OMG how tired i have been all day. HAd brekky with my dad and hten someohow managed to make it home without falling asleep, there was a bit of faceslapping going oon though when i was driving alone!
got home and my brother(the cause of the extended drinking session-no we didnt drink til 4! just talked til 4) was extremely bleary eyed. managed to sneak in a 3hour sleep and i can tell you it WAS NOT enough, so had that tired-y not feeling well malaise all afternoon and at the track tonight.
Stu wanted me to run sub 2.40, well when he ran 2.39(he is faster than me) i started to be a little bit sceptical. The girl i train with(shes on the outside) ran a 2.34 which is ACE for her. i knew it wasnt to be pretty today when i did my warm up and the legs felt pretty flat and heavy
...and as much as i hate this expression, all things considered, a 2.40.28 is not terrible

it is after all th 2nd fastest i have run at shield comp, so ill just suck it up and be pleased that in the state im in , that i ran a 2.40

then i was considering the 3km, stu wanted me to run 97s but i thought 100s and after the first lap i knew 100s it was... i had also put the disclaimer on that i really wasnt sure if i wanted to run 3km and would make the decision after 2laps. was sitting pretty much on pace and just started to drop a little, there were over 100 ppl in the race which was kinda nnoying me, i got a stitch, one of my friends got sent to hospital after being hit in the head with a hammer throw, and i just didnt have hte HEART for it so decided to drop out after 3 laps. i knew it was the right D, but i think it may be my first DNF????
anyway going to bed shortly as im sooooooooooooooooooooooo tired its ridiculous. happy enough with todays performance, am hoping that my friend from my old club is ok, she is just one of the nicest people you ever meet :(

2 comments:

Em said...

100 People!!! we had a stack too but at least they put us in to 3 heats.

I hope your friend is OK, a boy from our club was hit in the leg with a hammer late last year. I think they need to have a good look at the safety regs in place around the throws, I was very nervous marshalling the javelin last year, especially with the discus going on behind me.

Ewen said...

100 is ridiculous! Tell the officials it's not a fun run!

How about 2.40.28 "is pretty OK" - that's more positive. Nothing to worry about I'd say - from there to low 2:30s isn't a stretch.

That hammer accident is terrible. The track is a dangerous place.