Thursday, January 14, 2010

..shield AND i suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...shocker of a run..aim 5.38 with laps of 90..okay there was a wind and it wasnt very nice but the legs just never felt good. i was overtaking people, i was working hard, really i was just SHIYTE.. 7 s slower than i ran last time..... it made me annoyed so i figured no speed for the 1500 so there wont be speed for the 400 - and instead took advantage of the the masseuses we had for the night for a light rub down...
first lap 90, 2nd lap 94(what the) 3rd lap 93..double what the? amd finished in fricking 5.48!!!
at least the last lap(i heard 4.17 at 100 so i did do 91s in the last lap) but my middle 700m just SUCKS
i knew that i wasnt going to hit 5.38 when stu only did 5.37 and he trains faster than me

anyway, it was what it was and that was shit.

my legs need to adapt to doing 40kms a week(i know its not many but they are just heavy, there have been lots of quality sessions) maybe im just soft, i would love to be able to average 45-55kms a week but my body just cant hack it
in context, the last 4 weeks will be 167kms
4 prior 84kms
4 prior to that 104 so it is a bit of a hike..not making excuses, tonights run was me, just didnt happen..
anyway having a wine before i start lite n easy tomorrow(have put on 2kgs, maybe thats why im so shite)
anyway not overly happy, and as a result am not going to race the milers on sat as im too sh%t

3 comments:

Em said...

Not to mention the extra hill work you have been doing as well, I think the general theme for the first round back is that we have all been a bit slower than normal.

Excpet John, he ran a 5000 PB, but he isn't like the rest of us LOL

Andrew(ajh) said...

Stop putting yourself down. I wish I was as fast as you, and I reckon I'll be lucky to do 40kms this month, let alone this week!

Ewen said...

Sorry about that. I'd only give you a "suck" with 2 exclamation marks, not 40 ;)

Still, get the right day, right race, right feelings, right head, and 5:48 can become 5:35 just like that.