Sunday, January 24, 2010

..an enjoyable sunday run

..okay so there was no run yesterday- my glute was way too sore after the nerve massage from friday.
oh havent i mentioned this. soooooooooooooooooo pleasant. Nars was working seep in teh hammy and has gone -gee i could work on this for the hour.and then she's like..OMG how tight is this nerve here, and then the lebow cam out. I have never had the nerves worked on before. it was HELL..and then with 10mins to go- what do you want me to work on..mentioned my glute issue and she again did the nerve. for the next two days it felt like i had sciatica(and not pleasant)i took some anti inflamms as she told me it would inflame for a couple of days
Yesterday i struggled in my walk for 30mins, it was hurting down my leg as well

anyway was feeling better today, legs just sluggish(whats new) am in the building phase and a massage works hte leg like a long run. anyway 13kms in 78mins, had to wallk/run for a bit in the last km as the girl i was running with started to struggle
it was generally enjoyable though and then i drove stu to corio so he could watch some of his athletes(who did very well too)
-also my friend in hospital is in a stable condition which is good but has not regained consciousness yet(was in an induced coma)

2 comments:

Em said...

You know, I was thinking yesterday, and this is going to sound really daft, but maybe they need to consider having officials wear helmets around the hammer and discus. When I played baseball we were never allowed to bat without a helmet with an ear protector, no exceptions. I would rather look stupid that get beamed in the head with a wayward hammer! In fact a baseball helmet would be perfect for the job.

I really hope she is ok and there is no lasting damage.

Andrew(ajh) said...

You always know you're in trouble when they start using the elbow!

Hope your friend recovers soon!