Thursday, August 5, 2010

am i a runner or a slug

.sometimes the question BEGS, nay screams out to me...
what would normally be a doable set was infinitely impossible!

yes it was raining, ye si was running through puddles...but ummm who was that slacker running-dont get me wrong i was WORKING my ass off!

supposed to be 96s lap so 3.12 800s x 5 or 6

first rep 94s,second 94s, then tummy issues, then a longer break as a result. 94, told stu i felt like complete crap, my eyes were in the;i feel shit mode" its hard to explain, its like i cant fully open them and after 500m i stopped my next rep
so up to now my 600s had been in approx 2.25 , i decided no more 800s if i could do 600 well and good
next 600 was in 2.30! OMG thats a big dropoff, the next one was even slower, slower than 100s laps(that hasnt happened for like 2 years) 2,34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i worked at a good intensity but my speed was complete rubbish(I DAREN'T EVEN USE term speed)
light jog tonight 40ins as i couldnt get ot the track til 5.30
have changed my reps to wed/fri this week
either 1kms or 600s tomorrow.pleeeeeease let it be 600s
i am soo impressed by Ems kms. i do 45-50kms in a week and feel like i have run FOREVER!, i need her sort of commitment, i am officially SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill have to chat about it sometime, im sure if i committed to 60kms week, i would see improvement and more importantly maybe some weight loss(feeling a bit fatty boombah-ish)
ahh sigh i want ot be a better runner, but am i prepared to do the hard yards?? and do the 'sleeplek' im unconvinced that I can be such a good girl-
next year i might give it a go i think-but i do hate runnning in the dark-so much more likely to fall over(and thats NOT a joke but a reality :(
sighhghghghg why cant i be a better runner without the hard yards... lol
just give me a 42-3 10km, a sub 2.30 800 a 5.20 1500 a 64 400 a sub 100 half and ill be all sorted... umm yeah and i know-not fricking likely!

2 comments:

Em said...

Em runs the mileage she does because

A) she loves it
B) she needs to make up for her lack of talent :-P

Also Em could learn a thing or two about tapering and periodisation, then she would be able to benefit more from all this mileage and produce some better results in racing, Brimbank was done during a 77km week, ouch, I was less than fresh!!

Also some days training just sucks arse, the best thing to do is maintain the effort and just deal with being a little slower, we are experienced enough to know that it will be better next week. I had a shocker a couple of weeks ago, ever session was just so bad, but then the week after I was back on track.

PS - Em is not sure why she has started referring to herself in the 3rd person.

jojo said...

lol