Saturday, July 31, 2010

..a new way to run hills..lol

okey dokey
thursday still struggling to walk down stairs,had to compensate one leg and get both legs on one step etc
quite impressive how fast ones body can heal
on friday still very sore but walking down stairs okay. so decide to trot a bit at the track
did approx 2km, but when i tried to do strides, the 'pulling' on the knee was quite bad and couldnt really push off and wasnt lifting legs well
pretty stingy afterwards

then work this morning and out to brimbank, nup not racing, just running
got to the start line(still couldnt do strides), took off conservatively, and then saw a girl from my club and though, hmm maybe ill work up to her, not sure i want her to beat me. worked up(def faster in the flat) came up to a mother of a hill, knew it would be two much for my weeping knees and walked up the hill, probs didnt lose too much time as i reckon i gained it back in the next km,
there was another hill i also walked a bit of...IM soft as, well maybe not SOFT, i did run with bandaged and weeping and very sore knees, but im hill soft!
i had the course as 6.2km? em how bout you? so if its 6.2 then i ran under 5min kms(corssed 6km in 29.30 and then 6.2km in 30.20. anyway, happy enough with that.
not too shabby- probs the toughest cross country course i have ever run. seriously, when i looked up and saw teh hill, i "EXPLETED" rather loudly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate, I am willing to be your mum is a tough cookie just like her daughter! Hope it goes well.
Nice run- love the way that you couldn't help but race!

Sara

Ewen said...

Sub-5 ks on a course with expletive hills is good in my book. You haven't lost much.

Next time you fall over, you've got to say "I did a CJ", as CJ is the person who invented falling over.

Em said...

yup, I got 6.2km, I just thought it was because I was tripping and staggering all over the place, but a few others got 6.2 as well.

You had a fab run my dear, I ended up getting all prissy and slowed down because I rolled over my ankle a few times.