Saturday, August 21, 2010

.hmmmm ok so im a whiny little track runner

.. yep that just about sums me up

hate hate hate the tempo run. yes i know others(more disciplined runners than me).. anyway off to work in hte morning then home and was NOT looking forward to it.
i have NEVER been able to run 7kms at tempo ie 4.43 pace and have always modified to some extent ie 2kms here,1km there

anyway pretty damn windy so i jogged one way for 2kms and was surprised how leaden my legs were. i had worked out i could have the wind on my side for 5kms(bar a few spots) and then into the wind for 2kms. did mean i had to cross a road twice

anyway started off and surprisingly felt okay, thinking okay this isnt too bad. 4.42,4.42,4.41,4.35,4.39,4.35,4.41 so with 2 road crosses(turned off the watch) and at the 5km turnaround, i did stop for 20s for a drink and 2 horrible km into the wind. was stuffed at about 5km and after walking 200m and could barely stay under 6min/kms when jogging the last 1 km

so 7kms average 4.39, cant believe i actually made the set- the wind in the back helped...lol
yes i am awhiny little track runner. but then i HATE this set-it sinificantly reduces my appreciation of running and i am after all a TRACK runner. dont think i should have to do this one really. yes im doing a half(my choice) and yes i know it is good for me, but really it just sucks the big one(well it does for this little black duck)-especially when running alone. i think the first words i said to stu were -dont talk to me

and you should have seen me drag my sorry ass in the door. i was SMASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not really a distance runnner methinks-coming back feeling all good after a run-nope i come back like something thats been run over by a car

and where was my damn sausage sizzle when i voted. unaustralian!!! hmph

then off to a party for 3 year olds...ummm sorry love but surely you realised giving out whistles to kids 1/3 of the way into a party IS NO a good fricking idea.!!! OMG- i haaaaaaaaate whistles

a busy busy day

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

You, Em and I ran 14.2km at that pace in my fave ever R4TK run!

jojo said...

yeah-how on earth!!!!!! lol i gotta do 21 at that pace. it was my fave ever fun run too :)

Ewen said...

You did well for a whiny little track runner. I'm calling a 1/2 PB coming up... not sure that means anything as I was hopeless at calling the sausage sizzle, um, I mean election.