Saturday, May 29, 2010

sandown 10km -and a good guess by ewen

well i typed a post and lost it.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyway i ran as well as could be expected today, so im relatively happy(without being ecstatic-way slower than last year but good considering)
I had NO idea if the achilles would hold up-i havent even run 10kms without stopping yet-the closest i have been is 10kms last week with 2 stretching stops at 5.40 pace..and my longest rep has been 600s(max of 5)
anyway no idea of time so was thinking of maybe?????? going out at 4,40 pace and seeing how it went-during the warm up, i wasnt even sure if i would be able to do 5 min kms- 5.50kms seemed kinda hard
anyway here are the splits-
4.36, 4.41, 4.35, 4.48(hill), 4.45, 4.42, 4.43, 4.45, 4.44, 4.39 and the last bit(cos i run a little wide) 4.38 for a total of 47.23
Well done a s predictor ewen-within 6 s over 10kms is impressive

am i happy? well its hrd to be hppy with time that is 3mins slower than last year, but i am kinda happy. I ran at least as fast or faster thn i expected.
did i enjoy it- NO- the achilles hurt the last 3 kms and i am NOT, NOT i repeat, fit enough to race 10km
nd Em, i decide on the wine rather than the anti inflamms..LOL- the ice was an anti inflamm though(and yes it was on my achilles not IN my drink.....he

I am not quite 'BACK" yet but i m well on the way. was quite happy to hear that Em half in spet coincides with me so we can strart together which will be nice

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Woohoo! I reckon my prediction is worth a coffee. You should be happy with that, and that the dodgy achilles held up for 7k.

My next prediction is that this'll be the last time you go 3 posts without an exclamation mark. Although maybe grrrrrr... counts as an exclamation mark ;)

Em said...

Yeah, but Ewen got mine wrong, but I suck lol

I think you put in a pretty damn good show yesterday. looking forward to Ballarat though :-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Excellent work Jo, I'd be really happy with that!