Sunday, March 21, 2010

..hmhmhmhmmhmhmhmmh

.hmhmhmhmh
..well i know how this is going to come across... unappreciative, always wanting more...etc etc

well i had myself convinced tht i was going to get n all time pb today. i thought probably 2.32 :(
didnt happen
i was almost a DNS, my achillles did not pull up well, couldnt do my strides -in fact did 3 half hearted, flat footed ones cos i couldnt get up onto my toe but thought it might come good like it did int he 400...ummm not really, felt it the whol way, was kinda running lopside as my right foot was very flat for the whole run and quite simply it hurt the whole way, even still i shouldnt have allowed someone to overtake me in the last 30m...oh and it was a bit windy too which was a bit annoying,but cant complain cos yesterdya was absolutely perfect
..anyway ran 2.34.74 which is an adult pb...so yes II KNOW i should be happy(and im sure i will be lately) but at teh moment i am very shitty.... a) because my stupid achilles is shit and its only got 2 weeks to get better(12 days) before i race in perth and b) because i shouldve beaten that stupid time from when i was 11 and c) 1.5secs was the difference btw 1st and 3rd and i ended up with 3rd.
so yes tell me to STFU and get over myself, i know i know
if i hadnt thought id run so much faster, i would be ecstatic with an adult pb

last two days in summary
silver 1500m 5.29 7 sec adult pb
gold 400m 65.1 1.1 all time pb
bronze 800 2.34.74 adult pb(.21 sec)

oh and my freebie-if you do 3 events you get a fourth free- (bit embarassing really) no one else was in it so i got silver with a pitiful throw(it was my 2nd all time best effort though) 4kg shot is kinda heavy you know. 6.59m

4 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Jo, I'm very proud of you dear. Some well-deserved, great results ... well done.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Just looking at this post again and I just notice that there is only 1 letter difference between Stu and STFU. Do you think this is just mere coincidence ?
:-)

Em said...

3 PBs in one weekend, you should be very happy with that!

It was a bit windy today, it was all over the place when I was doing my 5k.

Ewen said...

A 4kg shot is NOT heavy! Try lifting our shot!

2:34.74 isn't too bad with a buggered achilles. Get some of those salonpas patches and stick them on the achilles - Geoff said they work well. You can get them at some Chinese supermarkets.