Tuesday, February 23, 2010

..worst race of the season

yep it was complete nd utter rubbish.
there were people who'se times were behind me so was quite excited at the prospect of NOT being last

felt sluggish in warm up-legs just wouldnt move. extended the warm up, and noticed how bad my run throughs were
no excuses i ran like shit. lucky i ran well thursdy or i would think im completely terrible

anyway the plan was to stick with the pack a little, i went out quite fast 36 in the first 200 and was quite upset to be a few metres last, i think my head just couldnt cope with being last AGAIN(since i thought i wouldnt be but people pulled out) and it kinda took the wind out of my sails :( 76 for the first lap and finished with DISMAL and disgusting 2.41
its a minimum of 4 seconds slower than expected. am pretty gutted and feel like a crap runner :(

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Don't think of yourself as last, because you are way in front of those many others (myself included) who are not even game enough to get out there and compete in races! And, if I was competing in that race, you would not have been last, that's for sure!

Em said...

But rationally you know you aren't a crap runner! When I did the 5000 final I expected to have some people around my pace and a bit slower in the race (based on what I had seen in the results for the season), but all the "slower" girls didn't front up for the final leaving me to slog it out on my own. What we can take away from this is that at least we are setting an example.

Anyway, you were probably a bit sluggish from last Thursday when you ran a fab 1500, so don't be too hard on yourself matey, you've had some good runs this season, it just bites when the body decides to pull out a "bad" one when you expect better.

Ewen said...

You're not a crap runner. I'm a crap guesser though - 6 seconds out ;)

We all have bad days. It wasn't Perth, so no harm if you can get the mind sorted. Believe!

And like Andrew said, placings don't mean much. 2:41 would put you amongst the best Vet ladies we have up here, and leading heat 2 of the 8.