Thursday, February 18, 2010

..that was a hard 1500 mentally

..okay so the mars bar goes to ewen who said 5.38.x but id rather give it to ajh who predicted 5.34 since he knew i wanted to be 5.35 or better...lol
..now im relatively tough mentally, but i FALTERED somehwat before the race hen after the start list was released, i said to the lady, am i the slowest, by a long way? YEP..GREAT
next girl is 5.20, i have recently pbd at 5.37..... aaaaaaghghghg. that is really hard to get your head around. My mind tried to disembowel my Whole race but as stu said we discussed it, it would be like a timetrial. well thats fine in theory, PRETTY damn DEMORALISING in real life.
i found it very difficult to put that toe near the line
..within 100m i was afew metre behind, after the 200 i pretty much didnt see people(and i went through in 40s)
400 in 86, (too fast but its hard not to!) 800 in 2.56, 1200 in 4.29 not much kick in the last 300 for a final time of 5.36.9
on the VERY positive side, i got an ADULT pb (in a time trial really)but it was the most humiliating race i have ever run. I even felt bad for me...lol
I was noticeably 100+ metres behing everyone in a very very public forum. if i didnt need the race so much (as not much racing around at mo)i wouldnt have finished..... :( well yes i would, i dont know if ive ever dnf'd in a real race(have in a 3km, which is not my event and i said id decide at 1km)
probably worth a 5.35 if i had had anyone within COOEEE

i survived, it will help me with my races campaign coming up, i just have to suck it up. I WOULDVE thought there would be at least a 5.30 runner!!!!!!!! i coulda dealt with that. so kinda mixed feelings, looking forward to the milers. Even if youre way behind, you only have to suck it up for 2 mins or so not 5!!!!! i think ill get 2.36/35-got 2.37.0 last time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Guys
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7

Em said...

I am very proud of you! I had a real battle to stay on the track last week during the 5000 when everyone pulled away from me, I was praying for people to start lapping me so I wouldn't be so exposed.

So I appreciate how hard it must have been and am very impressed and what a great time!

Ewen said...

Good race (time trial). Would have been 5:35 if you had someone to race!

Know exactly how you feel - ran in heats of the ACT 1500 Champs 'bout 20 years ago. Came last in 4:45ish, second-last was 4:10ish.

Thanks for the Mars Bar :)