Thursday, February 25, 2010

..thanks guys

thanks for the nice words regarding tuesday. i was just out of sorts and feeling completely shocked at how badly(i thought) i ran
and im not crap-im just not as good as i want to be! im okay compared to a lot of people, and crap compared to a lot of people, but people in my age are in the minority

In retrospect, 2.41 for me is not terrible as a rule, i was just expecting so much better from my training indicators and 1500 last week- getting my head around it now-stu wont agree thouhg....lol

anyway i mentioned to stu in my scowling-NESS of the last two days that maybe i needed to do more speed and the reason im doing better in 1500s than 800s is because not enough speed work...lol i am a bit of a brat..
anyway true to form he said fine(of course he had decided many weeks back about todays set), thursday is HOT 300s...im sure he was astonished at my reply of "good"
had to run 4.3kms with the slowest school boys on earth today. i seriously coulda WALKED faster!!!!!!
then straight off for the reps
asked stu what time he thought and he said fast, flat out? yep, so what time do you reckon 53s
okey dokey
sat on the outside part of lane one(not allowed to be on the inside!) but i worked my way over
51.4s wow fast and flat chat 5min rest
52.4 sec and gee was working hard-legs bit wobbly last 100 5min rest
53.4 sec ---geee this was even tougher, felt bit sick after- 6 min rest
53.4sec-was trying not to let the little tacker on my inside beat me
laid on the ground for a bit after this set
then ran 2 laps i socks..maybe ill trial this getting stronger in the feel by running barefoot for few mins after a set???????
racing at wyndham this week, but need to get through a light run tomorrow and sat first and try to get rid of the overwhelming fatigue that im feeling every dys
its okay though, i get to taper in two weeks!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

No worries. By the way, I've reset the bar for being a crap runner ;)

Nice 300s! I can remember 20-odd years ago running 52s. Speedy!

Yes, good idea to do a bit of barefoot running - esp on the grass infield if it's nice - watch out for Javelins though!