Saturday, July 10, 2010

..shocking day at the office

..i know i may have said it before but today was truly the worst run i have EVER had(and i have had some shockers)
wouldve expected at most 36:xx for the 7.9km ummm waaaaaaaay slower
let me show you the splits and then the explanation
4.45, 5.05, 4.57,4.41, 4.42, 5.18(WTF),4.43, 4.17 (4.32min/km)
ummmmmm i felt terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible

in the first km it felt like i couldnt breathe, could not get in enough air. i dont know if it was teh freezing conidtions or what but felt shocking..
after 1.5km i had to walk 10m to try to get some sembalnce of breath, then started again seriuly pondering how on earth i was going to get through this. next km bad-had to walk a 10m on a small incline(not even a big one)-i struggled to restart, then at 3km tried to talk myself up and had some downhill so just kinda hung on... still felt like shit, cmon jo just get to 5km, just get to 5km
then had a mass headwind when on the road section-ughghghghghg nearly walked even on the downhill section...see the 5.18 min km, i think this is where i walked once and also stopped on the side of teh road and had a little spew, then at 5.5 the guy goes its 2km downhill and at least i ran the rest of this, the whole run was horrendous, i felt like i was going to faint at one point. I just dont know what was wrong with me, i just couldnt get any air in,
i dont have asthma, but do get asthma when i get a cold, i dont have a cold but maybe hte cold air

look i dont know, i just know that im glad i finished as it was probably the most horrendous race i have ever done :( felt shocking afterwards, shaking from cold for ages-felt grey

anyway somehow my absymal run did not affect my team standings-no one form my div passed me so we won the div 2 womens team which is excellent.
how embarrasing though, im in hte top team and had to walk multiple times(not even on big inclines)
shitty shitty shitty with myself. the girl in the team below me beat me on the same leg. truly ..today I SUCKED, no other means about it so dont try to tell me any different

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

OMG, that wind today was terrible. Riding in it was so tough, I imagine running into the wind would have been shocking too. In those conditions, everyone deserves a medal just for being out there!

Em said...

Pffft, some days are just shit, it's a bummer when it happens in a race though. Congrats on the first placing, that's ace :-)

Ewen said...

You SUCKED. Maybe even a tad more than I did last Saturday ;)

Nice 400 session the other day though :)