Saturday, July 3, 2010

smackdown in the sun

well there wasnt a while lotta sun.
anyway got up at 5am this morning (thats 2/3 days with stupid oclock times. didnt sleep well again. firly normal the night before a race, normally the previous two nights would be better

so stu told me to go out about4.25ish, which i knew would probs be too fast but we decided i might as well go for it.
at 2kms 4.22 and 4.27, i BLEW out. seriously, i wasnt sure if i would make the race. i WANTED to walk. i have NEVER EVER been close to walking. there was a lot of self talk during the race-mostly negative.
some of the postive was...just get to 5km and see how you go
some of the negatives...just turn around and DNF(this was at 2.5km), youre shit, why cant you even run under 4.40 for the kms, youre not even going to finish and so on

anyway-i watched my average pace clock from 4.31 closer and closer to 4.35 which would still be a 45.xx time but alas you do not run as per the line of measure and it was 10.06 by garmin.
so i ran 46.01 crap crap crap crap

yes it has some redeeming features.
it is my 3rd fastest 10km ever
i came 8th in the female 35-39 category( 2 from my age were in the open top 10!)
i finished in what was a struggle of a run
it was over 80s faster than sandown from 4 weeks ago

and MOST importantly it did land me the title of 'SMACKDOWN in the SUN"

(burkie says im being hard on myself since sandown was only a short while away-but my training pointed to faster :(

anyway its a crap run, im over it.
my back is playing funny buggers now(was perfect during the race)-being very naughty(i used the small brace not the big brace-which was a mistake)
my achilles was GREAT during the race, slightly tight calf during

a bit limpy after it for a while and pretty tired after 3 rubbish nights sleep.and another early start tomorrow.
i hve moved to the 2nd hotel- with burkie and Sam :)

oh and a massive stress this morning when i checked out at 5.36am and was waiting for mum.at 5.50 i realised i didnt have my numbers so i raced to the check in and they made me a new card, so i raced upstairs(lucky there was a lift-it was 15 floors) but no NOT in the room

started to get stressed , got in mums car and then eventually found the numbers

anyway here are the horrific 1km times for my run
4.22, 4.27, 4.34(beginning of the end), 4.41,4.40, 4.35,4.39,4.39,4.42,4.34 plus the lst little 60m at faster than 4min pace
5km splits 22.44 and 23.17-shocking drop off!

and a boring run.at least the shins feel good

anyway-now thats over, where is the wine :) not yet, dont worry im not about to start at 1.13pm.ill try to hold off til 3pm...maybe
:)

im such a sooky la-la. im sorry about whinging bout a run that i spose was OK

6 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

If I can do my Run Melbourne 5km at the same speed as the first 5km of your 10km, I'll be a very happy chappy!

Em said...

Ummm, last year when I ran the 10km with my brother we stopped at the bottle shop on the way home, I think it was about 9am, I am too embarrassed to say what time the drinking started.

Anyway, you are being too hard on yourself, it's a stepping stone, the next one will be better.

jojo said...

thanks guyd. you are GEMS, im just a whiby little gal thats all

Anonymous said...

Jojo maybe you didn't factor in the stress of the past few days? Having a lot going on- and a few horror moments can take it out of you and you need to acknowledge that. You didn't just stop, you kept going and raced your third fastest time- there is heaps to be happy about and heaps to learn from. It is unrealistic to expect the greatest time with those days before hand, not sleeping in your own bed etc. Nice one Jojo for keeping on going.
Sara

Ewen said...

Congrats on your SMACKDOWN in the SUN CHAMPION title! Even your most pathetic km split was faster than my best. I was terrible. Sorry I couldn't give you a better race.

You might spot yourself in the start video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-e4YAw1m4
I'm at 1:05 in black singlet next to blue singlet guy.

Good to catch you for "lunch" Friday, and sorry you couldn't make payday ;) DON'T FORGET - I owe you a hot choccie!

Ewen said...

Oh yes, I'm leaning towards "SMACK the TRACK". Or... The feeble and the furious - def not fast and furious ;)