Monday, September 27, 2010

.take your pick............ :(

of titles that is- see below (got the results today)

..it IS a frickn stress fracture after all
...of course BUYING crutches in APRIL was a good idea
...JOJO is MAJORLY pissed off
..whats that doc?12 weeks of NO running, ARE you mad?
...why the F^CK didnt it show up on the bone scan then...........
.. there goes my frickn season.............
..NOT FRICKN HAPPY JAN OR JON OR BOB OR ANYONE WHO FRICKN CARES TO LISTEN
..did i knock a runner over in my car in my last life or something huh?
..you CANNOT be serious that its MY turn for another BIG injury ALREADY


yeah they kinda get the gist across methinks. no LOL because i am pretty f&ckng annoyed actually

the bones scan didnt show up a stress fracture. apparently there is a small window when a bone scan will not show it up. HOwever the MRI did-i wasnt even completely surprised really, he kept telling me after the bone scan he was surprised because i was presenting LIKE a stressie and he did say the MRI could show us if it was internal rotators in the hip and also was a 2nd opinion on the bone scan about a stressie

okay, im a baby and i kinda cried when he told me. Basically my whole SUMMER season is GONE now, thats the whole reason i train you know :(
am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sad.
it was made worse by the fact that i was told on friday that it was ruled out by the bone scan(but again the pain wasnt localised, and all the research i did still kinda pointed that way)

NOt only that, the femoral neck stressie takes a LONG LONG time to recover. I wont even be starting to think about a run/walk program for another 12 weeks. so probs wont run again this year.
not allowed on the bike, can continue water running if it doesnt hurt and am BACK ON frickn CRUTCHES :(
oh and i cant even do clinical pilates. yay fu&ing yay

-apparently you should NOT try hopping when you have a suspected stress fracture in that area as it can fracture right through and then require surgery-um after being told friday i didnt have one, i have been attempting hopping every day.... lucky i found out quickly-apparently the stressie goes about 40% of the way through the bone already

off to camp tomorrow(on crutches-how fun to be on an aths camp and NOT able to run-arent i a joy at the moment, im sure stu is happy im going away, as i am grumplestiltskin-and i ONLY found out today)

and what im really NOT NOT And i mean NOT looking forward to is all the comments at work while im on crutches again(3rd time in 2 years)
yep thats why i dont run
sport is bad for you
oh jo you are always injured
give up on the running

beacuse im going to find it really hard to bite my tongue and not say STFU, i think i may have to get my steely glare out and storm out on my crutches, which is hardly elegant ,,lol

on the other side of things
yes im feeling sorry for myself(big time) at the moment but.......................
i know the following about me as well though

yes im injured
yes its pretty bad
yes its a long recovery
i WILL suck it up and do deep water running and i WILL not lose all my fitness and i WILL get back to running, and whilst it wont be pretty or fast, i still may be able to at least try to compete in the masters champ next april-that will be my new goal, no times just back on the racing circuit without reinjuring myself

ive had worse injuries than this try to knock me off and keep me off running, barney the back springs to mind
and i guess my TAN run the other day wasnt as bad as i thought now. i pb'd most likely with a stress fracture(no wonder i had to stop and walk from the pain up the hill). obviousy shouldnt have run it. i knew before the run that with my pain tolerance and knowing how much it hurt it wasnt right

anyone up for a water run?, im your girl- after all i am the fricking expert. i should become a DWR instructor

4 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Oh no Jo, that is terrible news, but as you said you definitely have the guts and determination to get through it. Why can't you do pilates?

Em said...

Mate, I am so sorry, I frigging hate stressies, they are the world's suckiest injury, I'd take anything over another stressie. I would have cried too, I certainly cried when I got both of mine, then I got really angry and kicked things, but then it hurt my shins to kick things so I had to stop. Dr K said my first lot were just one more run away from being a full fracture, in hindsight I have no idea how I managed to run so long in such pain. That's the problem isn't it, we get used to managing a degree of pain and start to lose the instinct to determine what is just a runners body protesting in the normal way or a runners body saying there is something properly wrong. It took me two bloody bouts of sfx to figure it out.

You are so good about not over doing the training too, did the Doc at least offer some insight into what could have caused this?

Stuff everyone at work, they can take a hike! I got the same thing after my second lot too, "ohh, again, maybe you are not cut out for running?", yeah, well I am not cut out for getting fat and dying young of a heart attack so I'll take my chances with the injuries and keep running thanks!

Aghhh, I've gone on, I really sympathise mate, but you are tough and you'll see it through, can't let the injury dictate terms.

If you want to meet before or after work sometime for a DWR, maybe at MSAC, just let me know. I'll be making Friday a rest day soon but would be happy to do a spot of DWR or on a Monday as a recovery session.

Ewen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Jo. You're justified in using the Eff-word that many times. I feel for you with the track season being your main game.

Not sure it'll help, but I stumbled upon a good post by an elite athlete who has a stressie.

Anonymous said...

That is sh1t mate, where do you DWR? Hope I can join you for one over the next 12 weeks.

Sara