Wednesday, September 15, 2010

hmmm the effect lingers

..yep half marathons are STOOOPID
i already knew that though..lol

i aso knew that if my hip was sore enough to be limping 4 days out from the half, it would hurt afterwards. yep it is STILL hurting. went for a run yesterday-pulled the session short as it was sore
did 3kms of effort-just needed to make sure i could get through it so i can run and not let the team down mid race this week.. 3.8km around the TAN
anyway water running today 35mins plus 10 laps of swimming(25mt pool)
funny my tummy muscles feel quite worked out today

anyway i have made the EXECUTIVE decision that i will give the hip another two days of recovery so rather than training at the track tomorrow 9i will take the session into the pool

ughghgghgh boring but i know it is the right thing to do

traditionally i dont run the TAN well, but you know what, even tho everyone keeps saying no-one ever runs agood tan after a half, my last two TANS have been crappy so maybe ill pb-who knows!

been to the physio twice about the hip(and the back)
am about to start clinical pilates on monday(40 dollars a pop)

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I'd love to hear how the clinical pilates goes, I've thought of doing it myself but never got around to it.

Ewen said...

Good luck with it. Last time I saw you at the Tan you were running fabulously well! ;)