Sunday, September 21, 2008

..that is NOT the run of a runner

...woke up with a headache and a sore throat this morning(just dehydrated i think-although still have a heady)
anyway my run this morning was NOT the run of a runner. It was the run of a person who has not run for 12months.Im NOT joking.it was abysmal. i had to stop for a drink nearly every 5 mins on the out trip...i felt like rubbish..couldnt get ANY sort of rhythm going at all, then turned around after 23 mins and straight into the wind...yay..there was just NO joy in it today
so 8kms made but no done well

THE LAST AV RACE OF THE SEASON
there are no excuses for how i ran yesterday. it was complete and utter sh1t. i just had no pace in the legs whatsoever. i wonder if that has something to do with the haf mara 2 weeks ago. just felt completely flat.couldnt get the legs to tick over.averaged 4:34min/kms but was expecting about 20s faster .was EXTREMELY disappointed- but maybe thats where im at. I havent been able to do any speedwork since the half

anyway last year i was ony 2 s slower and i slowed to 5min/kms for the last km and a bit cos i hurt my Achilles.so basically the race was pretty abysmal for me. i did pass one div1 runner so i was happy with that. Maybe 17:33(31 by my watch)is where im at and that is as fast as i get for the tan. no matter i spose

then out to the coburg for a bbq-whist my lad went off to his sisters wedding in shepparton-someone was tad tipsy last night...lol(and not me..i notice he was on the forum at 2.20am) then my brothers for dinner, then home(i was supposed to meet a friend out for a drink but i was having a headache and finding it VERY difficult to keep my eyes open)

anyway that enough from this sh1tbox runner.itll be back in the pool tomorrow.back is not too bad considering..
..athough i am trying to find some betadeine(but not doing a good job)..i cut my leg with the scissors(i was cutting some grass since the lawnmower broke and apparently my leg looks like grass!!! but i have been told once youve had celluitis you need to be a bit careful anytime you cut that leg..im not sure if thats tru or not???michelle?joey??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, you were cutting the grass with scissors, that's going to take a very long time love. I cut my ankle with a wipper snipper once, I was never allowed to use the WS again, there was quite a bit of blood.

I have only run 2 half marathons but on thing I remember from them both, I ran like SHIT for about 3 weeks afterwards, not capable of anything more than easy paced runs and cut back speed work.

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Jo, as Em said stop beating yourself up. Hears what you should be saying. I just ran a half marathon, and I've been having a lot of problems with my back, how great is it that I can get out and run 4:34 pace - I'm a star! No more negative self-talk please!

Seriously, I haven't run 4:34 for a while now! And I haven't got back problems!

Ewen said...

If in doubt, see the doc - better than getting a leg amputated.

The coach will whip you into shape... if not, sack him ;) I couldn't run 4:34s for the 10k last week, so I'm a sh1te on the distance end of things too.

JH said...

Don't listen to Em, jojo. If you want to mow your lawn with a pair of nail scissors, I say go ahead.


You obviously take great pride in your garden and want every blade of grass to be the correct height.

More power to you, sister.

Stu Mac said...

2:20am....I don't think so, I sleep when I have been drinking???