Friday, April 9, 2010

..3 seasons out of four

it is now official
my body obviously does not like cross country. 3 seasons out of four, i have been unable to start the cross country season
2007- hurt my back in april
2008- on crutches after falling over a chain in april
2009-woohoo got to start
2010-miss the first 2 races due to achilles :( not happy jan,
i know Em can empathise

anyway, went to a nearby physio today, she doesnt think it is torn, but was quite unimpressed as i was telling her the story. anyway she seemed pretty good and i now have to see her twice a week for a bit
4 weeks NO RUNNING, so i am out of my denial phase thinking i would run next week. i came home and wanted to buy a spin bike but stu wouldnt let me......
she wants me to ice every day, some stretching and she queried me over my ankle on that side(i sprained bith medial and lateral concurrently a few years ago) nyway its very weak apparently.
oh and i am ridiculously tight in the calves and feet etc

so im a bit grumpy and trying to work out how i will fit every thing in
training every day either in the water or on the bike, PLUS two physio appts per week, plus a massage, plus training the boys 3 days per week plus working saturday morning, plus trying to do some homework. its going to b a VERY busy time for miss jo

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I know how you feel too. I'm coming quickly to the realisation that I'm probably not going to get back where I was running wise, either speed or distance, due to my knee and calves. But, make sure you take that professional advice, use Em as an example, and I'm sure you'll be back on the track or trail soon!

MorseyRuns said...

I have started my bike campaign- we can compare sore butts (or not)!

Em said...

Ahh bugger! Yes, I can definitely empathise

After the second stressie I started searching ebay in earnest for a spin bike too, but decent ones were so pricey. Do you have a wind trainer? I've got a pretty good quality one that I can lend you, being able to do a cardio workout at home makes it alot easier to manage your time, let me know, I ended up doing most of my workouts on it with the second stressie.