Thursday, January 26, 2012

...... well i am surviving

No running at all is not much fun i have to say..
i find it interesting that diff docs all recommend diff things

For example another lady at my club has hte same stressie as me(and i suspect hers was a tad worse) yet she is allowed to water run (I am not, and both docs havent let met me either) but we are both alowed on the bike.
Karen also let me use the elliptical but this doc has not, nor am I supposedly walking apart from incidental walking.....
Now given Karen let me use the elliptical, I am contemplating giving it a go... and I am walking tessa for 20mins a day. I was trying to ride with her, but really it was just too dangerous...one time she saw stu and even my brakes werent stopping her! strong little staffy..
Have been swimming every second day with the pool buoy-i even did 75 mins last sunday since it was 'long run day' but out of the pool for a few days as i had a mole removed from the back of my leg(and its left a hole about the size of a 5cent piece-quite literally!

trying desperately to not put on weight but i have put on 1/2 -1kg but noting that could be my normal fluctauation..
every second dya is rep day on the bike... stu keeps making me do 6 x 3mins but ive been getting quite bored with that so today was

3min(1.5) 2.5min(1.25) 2min (1) 1.5min (.75) 1min(.5) .5min(.25) and straight into the second set- which is difficult to go straight from 15s recovery to 3 min.
I find this session VERY hard but also much more interesting.... and man the sweat drips OR RUNS...

HAHA- back to work next week. Had a good holiday albeit not quite the energetic/running holiday I was expecting

Am very lucky to have a job I like, a bf i like(and whose kids i like), friends I like, a house I like but unfortunately a body that refuses to let me have evrything I want! lol... i consider myself a supremely lucky person

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Yes, but you'd like him more if he wasn't such a mean coach ;)

Em said...

I reckon we just get to a point were we can mange our own injuries, as you know I didn't even bother seeing the Doc last time.

Although it's kinda sad to get to that point though *sigh*

Just do what feel right hey :-)