Thursday, January 5, 2012

deja frickin view

okay
so it may seem like i only post if something has gone wrong.
However for my own purposes its improtant cos when crap happens i like to read the last time it happened and how I dealt with it.

about 8-10 weeks ago, i had a really acute pain in the arch. went to not my normal physio(couldnt get in) who diagnosed plantatr fasciitis, so i kept running. in fact i know when i it started to be a problemy hip. went up a REALLY massive hill at the you-ies and because i couldnt put any pressure on the left side, all the pressure was on the right and that mustve tipped me over the edge because it has been sore EVER since. turns out i had torn a tendon in my arch so shouldnt have been running... anyway sore hip flexor and other ever since.
NBever suspected a stress reaaction really..
at falls over new years, only ran twice but lots of walking... knew something was up so i asked for a scan.
all done dusted and back to physio within a day. YEP stress reaction, but definitely caught it a lot earlier...am still able to walk..
trying to work out whether to use my crutches or not.
I think i will use one up until i see hte sports doc... cant see my normal dic as I cant get in til february...ummm thats a little far away really///

anyway will update when i can!

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Bugger! I'm starting to think running is too hard on my body, glad I'm enjoying bike so much!

Ewen said...

Is there something in the water down there? You need to stop sharing drinks with Em!

Glad you caught it early. Hope you're back in time to catch a few weeks of the track season.