Saturday, July 2, 2011

well it's been a while

yep it surely has been a long long time since i last blogged.
November last year.
well teh recovery sure wasnt fun, karen did let me start running 1min at a time. yep walk 4 and jo 1 x5....
took me ages to get anything resembling fitness back-then a slight setback in april with my back meant another month off and me lying on the floor for four days :(
still having pain in the hip which is rather annoying but when i do i just back it off.
Am basically running 4 days per week, sat and sun and tues and thurs with elliptical trainer on another day (or when my hip is too sore)

anyway have been back racing which is awesome, which is HARD, which is why am I doing this, which is this is awesome :)
not racing well of course.
jells park did the 6km in just over 30mins with 5 enforced walks,
balnarring just about killed me 4kms in just over 20mins
flemington 10km in 47:3x which i was super happy with-walked a few times after 8kms as i wasnt quite fit enough to race it-feet were aching which has happened a lot so now have domes in my shoes totry and alleciate the neuroma which is causing nerve pain in the toes!!

ballarat 15km with sore feet, i knew not to race so I ran with a friend and ran not too hard, went through the first 10 km in about 51:30ish and then decided to work a bit harder in the last 5km and was pleased to bring it home in iunder 25mins .. 5 mins slower than last year but hey i survived :)

on holidays now

oh here you go. this was a real jojo moment at school the other day. Went to walk out of the room and my foot slipped out from under me(a la banana peel style) honestly thought i was going to fall flat on my back but managed a kinda roll thing so i just landed sideway on my hands ina crouched position. it did hurt but it was funny. can believe the boys didnt see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

anyway feel like im starting to get back into my running a bit now. still about 10s per km off my training pace but a month ago i was about 30s off

was happy with tuesdays set of 1km,800x4 in 4:11 and then 3:18-3:27 for the 800

thursday 1x400,4x300 x2
90, then all 66-68 set 1
88 then 66-68 allowed to go faster in the last and pulled out a 61s which made me happy

but that set was faster yet felt easier than last week

looking forward to racing at brimbank

oh and stu and i had a nice dinner to celebrate 4 years on thursday... he's a good lad- it did take him a while to come to the party though :)

mwah mwah

2 comments:

Ewen said...

You're alive! Remember this time a year ago you were drinking the winning coffee prize for the smackdown in the sun ;) 47:3x is pretty damn handy at the moment. Good to hear you've got some consistent training rolling along. Yes, Stu is a good lad. Hope you keep reminding him how lucky he is ;)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well, hello there, long time no see (well that's not strictly true cos there's always Facebook), but nice to see you come up in the blog reader. Great that the running is returning too! Keep writing!